About four days ago I decided to make an effort to look more hot, since that’s a pursuit I usually neglect. This basically involved buying a second pair of pants and making a point of brushing my hair.
Results: astounding. Even in the depths of my teenaged depression I was able to appreciate my body as it was, so I’m used to feeling generally happy about my looks. More interesting is the way that every day since my resolution, at least one stranger has complimented or catcalled me.
It feels a little conspicuous, like ““movie stars get their hair cut every day so no one will notice and make fun of them, like at our school”:http://www.kithfan.org/work/transcripts/four/gavpreach.html,” but I can ride it out. I like seeing cute people out and about, so it’s pretty fun to contribute my own cuteness to the neighbourhood. It makes me happy about our neighbourhood that my take on hotness can fly here.
Since I haven’t always been successful at this mission, I’d like to catalogue a few points in case I get off track again later.
- Spending money on my hair is always worth it.
- Exercising: also worth it.
- Clothes that fit. Give the other ones away! I’d rather wear the same awesome skirt three times a week than rotate through a selection of almost-good clothes.
- More than one of things. One scarf solves a problem, but two scarves is more fun. Further, both will last longer.
- Newer clothes look better because they aren’t worn out.
Generally, my barriers to hotness are laziness and being a cheapskate.